Sweet spot
I had trouble picking out what I wanted to put in the sweet spot, and where it would go. I wanted to put the sweet spot towards the top of my magazine, but because of how the fireplace and stockings were set up, it did not look right. I did not want anything to cover the fireplace or stockings. So I then thought that I would move it down to the middle of the cover, but that still did not look correct because then there was not enough room to put the stories and their descriptions. So, I finally moved the sweet spot down to the bottom right corner of the magazine, to ensure that it would not be covering anything important. Now, I had to decide what I was going to put there.
In one of my stories, I was featuring Ariana Grande and her makeup tips. So, I thought it would be perfect if I used one of her perfumes in the sweet spot. So I took a screen shot of her Thank You Next Perfume online, and went to my toolbox so I could crop it down. I then quickly realized that cropping it to the perfect angle was going to be nearly impossible because you had to free hand the outline of the perfume. So I decided that I was going to change the object.
This is the perfume that I was going to feature in my sweet spot, but as you can see the edges would be hard to free hand trace then crop.
The next item that I thought about featuring was a makeup product. I was researching different product and found a foundation called ELF. I thought that this would be perfect because my magazines theme was winter, and the name of the makeup was elf. When I took a screen shot ad tried to crop it, I quickly realized that it was going to be a lot easier. The edges were much less challenging to free hand, and I accomplished it a lot faster. I put it at the bottom of the magazine to ensure that it was not covering anything important. To the left is a picture of the product that I put in my sweet spot on my magazine.
In one of my stories, I was featuring Ariana Grande and her makeup tips. So, I thought it would be perfect if I used one of her perfumes in the sweet spot. So I took a screen shot of her Thank You Next Perfume online, and went to my toolbox so I could crop it down. I then quickly realized that cropping it to the perfect angle was going to be nearly impossible because you had to free hand the outline of the perfume. So I decided that I was going to change the object.
This is the perfume that I was going to feature in my sweet spot, but as you can see the edges would be hard to free hand trace then crop.
The next item that I thought about featuring was a makeup product. I was researching different product and found a foundation called ELF. I thought that this would be perfect because my magazines theme was winter, and the name of the makeup was elf. When I took a screen shot ad tried to crop it, I quickly realized that it was going to be a lot easier. The edges were much less challenging to free hand, and I accomplished it a lot faster. I put it at the bottom of the magazine to ensure that it was not covering anything important. To the left is a picture of the product that I put in my sweet spot on my magazine.


Comments
Post a Comment