Adjusting the main cover
The main cover photo is one of the most important photos on the magazine. You want to have a good mode of address, so the reader is pulled into your magazine. If the front cover has no model on the front and is just a blank page, it will not interest the readers. For my magazine, I thought it would be cool to put model in front of an original and not seen very much spot. I started by putting the picture on the magazine, but then I realized that it was too dark. I then had to take the picture off of the magazine and go into my photo app and brighten the photo. Once I brightened it, I realized that her face was a lot more visible and everything looked better.
This is the photo that I used for my main cover. Around the logs on the fire and on her face was where it was too dark. I felt that this spot was unique for winter, because we do not see fireplaces and stockings year round. The blanket adds the effect of winter time, and how it was chilly outside.
With the template that I used, it had the information about the stories to the right of my model.

This is the template that I used before I added all of my information to it. They had put the places for the sub and main articles to the right of her. But, I felt that did not look right because there was open spaces on the blanket too. I decided that I would move these over in front of the white blanket to fill up that space and make them more visible.
This is the photo that I used for my main cover. Around the logs on the fire and on her face was where it was too dark. I felt that this spot was unique for winter, because we do not see fireplaces and stockings year round. The blanket adds the effect of winter time, and how it was chilly outside.With the template that I used, it had the information about the stories to the right of my model.

This is the template that I used before I added all of my information to it. They had put the places for the sub and main articles to the right of her. But, I felt that did not look right because there was open spaces on the blanket too. I decided that I would move these over in front of the white blanket to fill up that space and make them more visible.
Comments
Post a Comment