College Magazine
The group of people that this magazine is going to interest is mostly women in college, but a few males might be interested. They made their audience clear by naming the audience College and making their stories appeal to kids in college. In my magazine, I hope to make my audience clear through the title and stories.
Masthead/House Style
The masthead of this magazine is College, which means the title. The house style is the letters all in capitals, large font, and in a bright red color, to catch the attention of the readers. The color is significant to the title so it stands out, apart from the other stories. In my magazine, I will use font that fits my cover, and make sure to catch the attention of the readers.
Mode of Address
The mode of address is the woman standing, looking at the reader. She is smiling and wearing a shirt from her college that stands out because it is bright. In my magazine, I will put a model on the front cover that is wearing an outfit that relates to the magazine, so they stand out.
Anchorage
Nastia Liukin, who is a gymnast, is the anchorage for this magazine. She is a role model for young adults who are trying to become professional gymnasts because she is five time olympic medalist. What is also anchorage is the headline, which draws in the attention of the reader because the model on the front is in the headline. In my magazine, I will photograph the main model on the front, and make them in the main story too, so I can draw in the attention of the readers.
Headline
The headline is, A New Kind Of Balancing Act Nastia Liukin on SMU's campus, which will appeal to girls in college. This headline is a great way to draw in readers because she is olympic medalist. In my magazine, I need to make the headline catchy, what somebody would want to read.
Buzz Words
Some buzz words included in the cover are "avoid" and "better". These words make the reader want to read the story because people want to avoid things and make things better, so they will want to find out how. In my magazine, I will use words that really make my magazine stand out, and words that make it unique.
Cover Lines
Some of the cover lines are Tucker Max he better hope they serve beer in hell, Smoking Saliva?, and Avoid Sleeping Your Way to the Top. They chose these stories as their cover lines because they relate to the age group that the magazine is trying to convey. In my magazine, I want to come up with cover lines that fit the theme of my magazine, and that make sense.
Sweet Spot
In the sweet spot, they put She's Pregnant and 15. The girl is named Shailene Woodley who is in the show The Secret Life of an American Teenager. They would put this in the sweet spot to catch the readers attention. In my magazine, I will put a fall recipe or a pumpkin patch tip on how to find the best pumpkin.
Overall, they did a great job using most of the conventions correctly. A couple things I feel like they could improve are adding a slogan and adding an incentive for the reading the magazine, like winning concert tickets.

Comments
Post a Comment